Witch Hunters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission: The Hunt for the Snowman

2 posters

Go down

Mission: The Hunt for the Snowman Empty Mission: The Hunt for the Snowman

Post by Virgil Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:00 pm

The only indications that there was a city that could be seen through the blizzard were a few lights here and there. There was so much snow that these were the only sources of illumination, however weak they were. But it was in these lights that a figure could occasionally be seen, walking deeper into the town. He was the only person on the streets in this frigid weather. He was walking towards the local guild headquarters. He stopped several times, turned back because of taking a wrong turn, looked around and tried to remember the descriptions he was given. He was doing all that until he finally reached his destination: the old looking, partially destroyed building.

Inside the part of the building that was in tact, there were some renovations made and there was a sort of a pub. There was also a notice board with some information posters, mission posters and a few wanted posters. There was a number of people inside, some playing cards, some telling jokes and laughing. The door opened and the man walked in. He wore a winter coat, winter boots and large gloves. His head was covered by a hood and his face was covered by a balaclava and goggles, which he moved. It was a young man, in his early twenties. He first walked to the notice board, took a mission poster, then walked to the bar and showed the paper to the bar tender.
“Where can I get info on this?”
The bar tender pointed at one of the tables. The man nodded and walked where he was shown. By that table was a shady looking man. Nero sat down, put the poster on the table in front of the guy.
“So what do you know about this?”
Virgil
Virgil
C-Rank (Green)

Power Level : 650

Character sheet
Mana:
Mission: The Hunt for the Snowman Left_bar_bleue580/600Mission: The Hunt for the Snowman Empty_bar_bleue  (580/600)
Health:
Mission: The Hunt for the Snowman Left_bar_bleue600/600Mission: The Hunt for the Snowman Empty_bar_bleue  (600/600)
Cash: 0

Back to top Go down

Mission: The Hunt for the Snowman Empty Re: Mission: The Hunt for the Snowman

Post by Crimson Moon Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:20 pm

/STD

The man was wearing a large pilots hat and goggles, a long grey-white beard covered his face. "HEEEEHEEEEHEEE" the sound of a geezer laughing origenated from his mouth "Well boy you are the first to even want to know about it, The rest of em laughed at me while i told my story" He threw a mug at a large muscular guy standing at the bar.
"WATCH IT GEEZER"
"BITE ME" the geezer yelled back.

"Well boy i shall tell you my story" He grinned at Vergil. "I was a pilot you know, had a small cargo plane. Made my living with delivering cargo from here to a small village in the west. I always needed to take this route over the mountains, it was three days before my retirement. And you know what they say about three days before retirement....." He didn;t wait for any sign from Vergil to see if he got it or not. "The weather was heavy and a storm was brewing, yet i had to make this flight it would take me three days to go to the west pick up the cargo and get back. When i took of i already had this bad feeling you know, Deep down i had this feeling that something was off." The man had a pained expression

"The plane seemed slower and heavier, snow fell from the sky as if a snow globe had been whipped around. Lighting crackled and the wind picked up. I thought i could make it but the plane went down. When i woke up i saw this strange white furry creature run off, after that the world went black. When i awoke the second time i had been rescued by travvelers that spotted my plane going down, i know what i saw but every single one of these fools thinks im nuts"
Crimson Moon
Crimson Moon
Emperor

Power Level : 3001

Character sheet
Mana:
Mission: The Hunt for the Snowman Left_bar_bleue565/800Mission: The Hunt for the Snowman Empty_bar_bleue  (565/800)
Health:
Mission: The Hunt for the Snowman Left_bar_bleue185/400Mission: The Hunt for the Snowman Empty_bar_bleue  (185/400)
Cash: 7 kyi

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgil Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:37 pm

Virgil listened to the old man’s story, not missing any word of it. He didn’t mind the interruption involving the beef guy and just continued to listen.
“So then…” Virgil spoke when the old man finished “You got a good glimpse of that thing? Any idea of what it might be? And where was it that you seen it?”
Virgil
Virgil
C-Rank (Green)

Character sheet
Mana:
Mission: The Hunt for the Snowman Left_bar_bleue580/600Mission: The Hunt for the Snowman Empty_bar_bleue  (580/600)
Health:
Mission: The Hunt for the Snowman Left_bar_bleue600/600Mission: The Hunt for the Snowman Empty_bar_bleue  (600/600)

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Moon Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:48 pm

/STD

"What it looked like? Hmmmmm, my wife on a bad day" The man laughed out loud. "With a fur coat on" It was clear the geezer had no idea what it looked like beside the fact it was large white and had fur. "It was in the northren mountains, if you head north from here you should hit a split if you go left you should be able to visit the crash site of my plane. Though i should warn you, a bunch of local low-lifes were found dead up there, with marks on them not left by any recorded animal we know of."
Crimson Moon
Crimson Moon
Emperor

Character sheet
Mana:
Mission: The Hunt for the Snowman Left_bar_bleue565/800Mission: The Hunt for the Snowman Empty_bar_bleue  (565/800)
Health:
Mission: The Hunt for the Snowman Left_bar_bleue185/400Mission: The Hunt for the Snowman Empty_bar_bleue  (185/400)

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgil Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:06 pm

Virgil chuckled at the joke the old man made. North huh? The highlands. That might take a while, even if I fly there. He then heard the man say that there were some people killed by an unknown creature. “So these guys…what kinda wounds did they have? What would seem to be the most logical way they were inflicted?” He also wanted to see the bodies for himself so he could come to the most logical conclusion.
Virgil
Virgil
C-Rank (Green)

Character sheet
Mana:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Moon Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:13 pm

/STD

"Well i don know if it is considered wounds, the bodies were pierced and ripped apart. The pieces they found were defenitly from the missing thugs. I really cannot see a way for that to be made in any logical way" The geezer seemed to try to imagine something, yet the only thing following that was a mumble about a walking meat grinder.

It seemed the geezer did not have much more information, yet a feeling of a missing piece could always be felt.
Crimson Moon
Crimson Moon
Emperor

Character sheet
Mana:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgil Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:33 pm

Pierced and ripped to shreds huh? Sounds interesting, but I don’t suppose they still have the remains of those guys here in town. Virgil got up and was about to leave, when he stopped. “One last question. How big do you recon that thing was?” This one last detail could help Virgil plan out, how he would take down the creature.
Virgil
Virgil
C-Rank (Green)

Character sheet
Mana:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Moon Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:30 pm

/STD

"I do not really remember, it shoulda been big cause it was atleast as big as snow pile behind it" The geezer looked at Vergil as he seemed to make his way out the door. "Oy kid, just return alive will ya. These villagers are just way to catious, one big white blur isn;t enough to stop this town from going as it is" The geezer smiled.
Crimson Moon
Crimson Moon
Emperor

Character sheet
Mana:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgil Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:33 am

“Heh, right” With this, Virgil put his scarf and goggles back on and went outside again.

While Virgil was in the building it already stopped snowing and it was actually sunny, although still cold and everything was covered in snow. He said his plane crashed in the highlands and that’s where he saw it. Virgil first looked around to see if there was anybody around. He didn’t like it when other people were around when he used his powers, other non WH that is. After confirming that nobody was around, he levitated to about fifty meters above the ground and with a sonic boom headed north.

[Continued in part 2]

[Flight: -6 mana]
[Super-Sonic: -20 mana]
Virgil
Virgil
C-Rank (Green)

Character sheet
Mana:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down